China’s engagement in Africa – expert interviews
September 21, 2015
DEGRP has just launched a set of video interviews with researchers from our newest research theme – China-Africa. Filmed as part of a workshop in London in July, the interviews offer insights from leading global experts on the current state of China-Africa relations, with emphasis on how the connection between the two players has evolved in recent years. The interviewees also shed light on key DEGRP research areas, which range from the employment impact of Chinese business in Africa to the role of local government for economic growth.
- Dr Deborah Brautigam, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Dr Carlos Oya, School of African and Oriental Studies (SOAS), UK
- Professor Giles Mohan, Open University, UK
- Professor Lina Song, University of Nottingham, UK
- Xiaoxue Weng, International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), UK
- Professor Xiaolan Fu, University of Oxford, UK
Visit our research section for more information on individual projects.